Brokenstraw Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Todd Wilson in 2008
BH Photo #405034
According to PAHBI, "The 1889, pin connected, single span, 103'-long, Pratt thru truss bridge is supported on dry laid ashlar abutments. The floor beams are connected to the lower panel points by Z-shaped hangers, a detail associated with the Pittsburgh Bridge Company, one of the most prolific fabricator of metal truss bridges in the state. One of two pin connected truss bridges in Warren County, the structure is historically and technologically significant as a complete example of its technology. Adding to its significance is its association with the Pittsburgh Bridge Company and its agent, Nelson & Buchanan Company."
- Through truss bridge over Brokenstraw Creek on PA 3012 (Cemetery Road)
- Warren County, Pennsylvania
- Built 1889
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 103.0 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.8 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.86480, -79.52140 (decimal degrees)
41°51'53" N, 79°31'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/622714/4635822 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Spring Creek
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 61 3012 0030 0000 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 34174 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31723 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 15.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 3, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Bridge is closed and scheduled for replacement