NY&E - Sawmill Rift Bridge
Sawmill Rift Railroad Bridge
Photo from the Todd Clark Collection
BH Photo #532205
Originally the New York & Erie Railroad (NY & E)
Erie Lackawanna Railroad (EL)
ConRail in 1981 (CR)
Now it is Norfolk & Southern (NS)
Three of the spans of this bridge were 160', 150' and 140' in length.
Some information from lostbridges.org
- McCallum truss over Delaware River on New York & Erie Railroad
- Millrift, Pike County, Pennsylvania, and Orange County, New York
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1847; Replaced ?
- - New York & Erie Rail Road (NY&E)
- Uncovered McCallum truss - 1-Through 4-Pony
Length of largest span: 160.0 ft.
Total length: 800.0 ft.
- Also called
- Bolton Basin Railroad Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.40651, -74.74179 (decimal degrees)
41°24'23" N, 74°44'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/521581/4583917 (zone/easting/northing)
- 466 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 98198 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 21, 2023: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added span lengths
- May 30, 2022: Updated by Luke: Corrected "refurbished" to "replaced"
- May 30, 2022: New photo from Stewart Edwin Beitler