Stony Creek Bridge
Two span, stone arch bridge; part of one of the most important East-West highways in Norristown.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Stone arch bridge over Stony Creek on Marshall Street
- Norristown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1854 as a single arch; Flood damage 1865; Reconstructed with two arches 1865; Replaced 1982
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 32.0 ft.
Total length: 104.0 ft.
Deck width: 26.0 ft.
- Also called
- West Marshall Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.11854, -75.34599 (decimal degrees)
40°07'07" N, 75°20'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/470517/4440971 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 65586 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 19, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER PA-54 - West Marshall Street Bridge, Marshall Street over Stony Creek, Norristown, Montgomery County, PA