Coverts Crossing Bridge
This bridge has portal markings that identify it as a Morse Bridge Company span.
- Lost cantilevered through truss bridge over Mahoning River on Covert Road
- Lawrence County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1887; replaced 2003
- - Morse Bridge Co. of Youngstown, Ohio
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 300.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 9.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.99667, -80.41500 (decimal degrees)
40°59'48" N, 80°24'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/549201/4538551 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 37 7214 0372 7012 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 22564 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 41644 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 10, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder
- October 10, 2011: Photos imported by James Baughn
- HAER PA-474 - Coverts Crossing Bridge, Spanning Mahoning River along Township Route 372 (Covert Road), New Castle vicinity, Lawrence County, PA
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Todd Wilson