PA 23 - Rohrerstown Bridge
The accident that started the push for the bridge to be replaced; countless minor accidents previously.
Intelligencer Journal: July 15 1960
BH Photo #451376
Depending on which article you want to believe, this bridge could have been built any time between 1888 and 1901.
- Lost Warren pony truss over Pennsylvania Railroad Columbia Branch on PA 23
- Rohrerstown, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by a new bridge
- - Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.05399, -76.36559 (decimal degrees)
40°03'14" N, 76°21'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/383523/4434642 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 85806 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 2, 2019: Updated by Luke: Added category "Pennsylvania Railroad"
- July 2, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type
- July 2, 2019: Added by Melissa Brand-Welch
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com