Middle Creek Road Bridge
Photo taken by Brian McKee in May 2009
BH Photo #140117
This bridge was closed for more than 20 years before being demolished.
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
'The one span, 43'-long, pin-connected Pratt pony truss bridge built in 1909 has been determined not eligible by PHMC (5/1/97)'
- Pony truss bridge over Cocalico Creek on Middle Creek Road in Rothsville
- Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Historic Truss Bridge Demolished and Replaced With Covered Bridge
- Built 1909; rehabilitated 1925
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 43.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.16393, -76.23204 (decimal degrees)
40°09'50" N, 76°13'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/395083/4446679 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1993)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 36 7218 0660 4001 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
BH 31106 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 20.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 7, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: This historic truss bridge has been demolished and replaced with covered bridge.
- May 10, 2009: New photos from Brian McKee
- April 25, 2009: Updated by Brian McKee