Marietta Pike Overpass
Marietta Ave Mount Joy PA
BH Photo #232558
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
According to PADOT Dist. 8-0 environmental review records, the Marietta Avenue bridge over Amtrak has been determined eligible by PHMC. The skewed, single-span, rivet-connected Pratt pony truss bridge was built by the Pennsylvania RR. It is supported on stone abutments. PRR engineering department plans date the truss bridge to 1896. In 1960, the railroad strengthened the bridge with welded coverplates to the floorbeams, and welded attachments to the bottom chord and vertical members.
- Pony truss bridge over Amtrak on PA 772 in Mount Joy
- Mt. Joy, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition in 2013.
- Built 1896; rehabilitated 1960
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Rivet-connected Pratt pony truss bridge
Span length: 117.1 ft.
Total length: 117.1 ft.
Deck width: 31.2 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.10876, -76.50184 (decimal degrees)
40°06'32" N, 76°30'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/372004/4440909 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Columbia West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 36 0772 0100 2228 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 21319 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31074 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Excellent (9 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 75.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 23, 2021: Photo imported by Dave King
- December 20, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is NOT gone... YET....
- May 26, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added category "Riveted"
- April 29, 2009: Updated by Brian McKee