Shoups Run Bridge
View from south
Photo taken by Jodi Christman on 11/30/2012
BH Photo #244117
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY: The single-span, 79'-long, steel, built-up riveted through girder bridge, built in 1937, is supported on horizontally scored concrete abutments with wingwalls. The floorbeams are encased in concrete. A sidewalk with a lattice railing is cantilevered from one side of the bridge. Neither the bridge nor its setting are historically or technologically noteworthy.
- Girder bridge over Shoups Run on Pa 913
- Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement.
- Built 1937
Length of largest span: 75.1 ft.
Total length: 79.1 ft.
Deck width: 24.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.21361, -78.17722 (decimal degrees)
40°12'49" N, 78°10'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/740215/4455288 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- PANBI 18734 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 52409 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 43.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 1, 2012: New photos from Jodi Christman
- June 3, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description
- May 8, 2012: Added by Nathan Holth