Cox Farm Covered Bridge 38-30-25
Photo taken by Brian McKee in August 2009
BH Photo #144873
Built 1940 from wood because of shortage of steel due to war preparations efforts; replaced with replica with steel floor 2013
- Covered bridge over Ruff Creek on TR 568 (Kennel Road)
- Greene County, Pennsylvania
- Original 1940 bridge closed to traffic for renovation in 2013; "renovation" involved complete replacement in kind with steel stringers
- Built 1940
- Kingpost through truss
Length of largest span: 27.9 ft.
Total length: 32.2 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1979
- Also called
- Lippincott Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.94333, -80.12611 (decimal degrees)
39°56'36" N, 80°07'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/574657/4421833 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1993)
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 38-30-25 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 79003823 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
PA 30 7213 0568 2023 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 18516 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 42913 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2012)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 4, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added street view & imported photos
- September 26, 2013: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Covered bridge replaced in kind with new bridge during "renovation"
- May 23, 2013: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Added current rebuilding
- August 11, 2009: New photos from Brian McKee
- July 1, 2009: Added by James Baughn