Middle Spring Creek Bridge
According to PennDOT records, the bridge was removed in 1995. The road is currently closed to traffic, and no bridge has been built to replace the structure. Portions of the old stone abutments remain in place. The bridge was a steel stringer bridge with wood deck built in 1923.
- Lost Steel stringer bridge over Middle Spring Creek on West Garfield Stre
- Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
- Built 1923
- Steel stringer, timber deck, stone abutments
Length of largest span: 25.9 ft.
Total length: 26.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.04667, -77.52167 (decimal degrees)
40°02'48" N, 77°31'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/284885/4435983 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 21 7409 4000 4001 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 14125 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 50706 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2011)
- Overall condition: Poor
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 41 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 26, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Edited design