Bridge Water Road Bridge
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
The 2-span, 36'-long bridge consists of squared timber stringers supporting wood decking. There are also two steel stringers placed under typical wheel line locations. Masonry abutments and pier have been coated in concrete. One side of the bridge has W-beam guiderail, and the other wood railing. The short-span bridge is an altered and representative example of a common type with no noteworthy features. More distinguished examples of the wood stringer construction have been identified in the region and state.
- Steel stringer bridge over 3 Square Hollow Run on Bridge Water Road
- Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1920; rehabilitated 1996
- Steel stringer with squared timber stringers and timber deck
Length of largest span: 16.1 ft.
Total length: 36.1 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.16083, -77.49333 (decimal degrees)
40°09'39" N, 77°29'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/287658/4448589 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 21 7218 0393 4011 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 14113 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 46800 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 37.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 26, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description and details on design
- November 5, 2010: Added by Jodi Christman