South Perkasie Covered Bridge 38-09-05
South Perkasie Covered Bridge -- August 21, 2009
Back side of bridge
Photo taken by Raymond Klein
BH Photo #151480
Carries historic sign on each end which reads, "$5 fine for riding or driving faster than a walk or smoking segars on".
- Covered bridge over dry land in Lenape Park
- Perkasie, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- Open to pedestrians
- Built in 1832.Formerly on Pleasant Spring Creek moved to dry ground in Lenape Park in Perkasie, PA in 1958.
- Town Lattice made of Pine and Oak Lumber
Total length: 98.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 1, 1980
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.36747, -75.29498 (decimal degrees)
40°22'03" N, 75°17'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/474956/4468585 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 80003441 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 43839 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 26, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed location
- March 3, 2014: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- March 2, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added NRHP info & imported photo
- December 16, 2011: Updated by Frank Hicks: Added category "Relocated"
- December 8, 2010: Updated by Bill Stephens: Historic signs on bridge
- January 2, 2010: Added by Raymond Klein
- Raymond Klein - Bookshelfthe [at] msn [dot] com
- Frank Hicks
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com