Photo taken by Todd Wilson in 2007
BH Photo #404690
Bridge may still be extant and was simply abandoned
- Pratt through truss bridge over Towanda Creek on Curt Wright Road (TR 330) in Canton
- Canton, Bradford County, Pennsylvania
- Bridge has been removed.
- Future prospects
- Section 106 Process begun with the project titled "Bridge Removal."
- Built 1892; rehabilitated 1962
- - Nelson & Buchanan Co. of Chambersburg & Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh Bridge Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 8-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Span length: 123.0 ft.
Total length: 123.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Curtis Wright Road Bridge
Towanda Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.68770, -76.65894 (decimal degrees)
41°41'16" N, 76°39'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/361938/4616432 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 08 7212 0330 0016 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 06603 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 30487 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 14, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- February 18, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.