Penn Street Bridge (1913)
Penn Street Bridge in Reading
View of south side of Penn Street Bridge-- river crossing portion
Photo taken by Frank Danberg in February 2009
BH Photo #134229
Dedicated May 24th, 1914 per Oakley research
- Concrete arch bridge over Schuylkill River on Business US 422 in Reading
- Berks County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Study has been completed by PENNDOT but recommendations have not been released yet. Most likely it will be rehabilitated.
- Built 1913
- - Benjamin H. Davis of New York City, New York
- L.H. Focht & Sons of Reading, Pennsylvania
- Open-spandrel concrete arch
Length of largest span: 109.9 ft.
Total length: 1,337.0 ft.
Deck width: 55.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.33544, -75.93709 (decimal degrees)
40°20'08" N, 75°56'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/420402/4465410 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 06 3422 0050 1036 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
BH 30410 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 25, 2020: Updated by Luke: Added categories "Benjamin H. Davis", "Schuylkill River"
- April 3, 2018: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Dedicated May 24th, 1914 per Oakley research
- March 4, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- January 30, 2017: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- July 31, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed river name
- February 25, 2009: New photos from Frank Danberg