May Covered Bridge 38-05-30x
May Covered Bridge
Photo from Fred Yenerall and Thomas G. Kipphorn Collection
BH Photo #532611
Some of this information from lostbridges.org
- Lost Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Little Wills Creek on SR 3008
- Bedford County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1881; Removed and Replaced in 1955
- Multiple Kingpost through truss
Length of largest span: 45.0 ft.
Total length: 51.3 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.93103, -78.67346 (decimal degrees)
39°55'52" N, 78°40'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/698801/4422694 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 98398 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 6, 2022: New photo from Stewart Edwin Beitler
- Stewart Edwin Beitler - stubear0430 [at] gmail [dot] com