Simpson's Leader-Times: March 30 1966
BH Photo #457170
Cost $9,000 to build in 1881
- Lost Bowstring through truss bridge over Mahoning Creek on Old Route 03086
- Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
- Collapsed in 1966 as new bypass span was being completed.
- Built in 1881 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company; collapsed in 1966
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Tubular Bowstring through truss
Total length: 118.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.94528, -79.27686 (decimal degrees)
40°56'43" N, 79°16'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/645041/4534112 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 86804 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 2, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- October 2, 2019: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com