Ritner Creek Covered Bridge 37-27-01
Ritner Covered Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Goff on July 26, 2010
BH Photo #171026
Ritner Creek bridge was the last covered bridge on an Oregon state highway. In 1976, the bridge was lifted from its foundation and relocated just downstream of its original site and replaced by a concrete bridge.
The bridge was constructed in 1927 by Hamer and Curry Contractors to Oregon State Highway Commission plans. The initial construction cost was $6,964. The original portal design was rounded at the edges but was changed to a square design in the early 1960s to accommodate larger loads to pass.
(Reference: Roofs Over Rivers, by Bill and Nick Cockrell)
- Covered Howe through truss bridge over Ritner Creek off of OR 223
- Polk County, Oregon
- Open to pedestrians
- Replaced 1976
- - Charles O. Hamar Jr. (Builder)
- Hamar and Curry (Contractors)
- Howe through truss
Length of largest span: 75.0 ft.
Total length: 134.5 ft.
Deck width: 17.1 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 29, 1979
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.72818, -123.44154 (decimal degrees)
44°43'41" N, 123°26'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/465036/4952849 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kings Valley
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 79002147 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 45740 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 10, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- April 10, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
- March 12, 2014: Photos imported by Dave King
- July 29, 2010: New Street View added by Michael Goff
- July 28, 2010: Added by Michael Goff