1st Morison street bridge
Swing span in semi opened position.
Photo taken by Leslie R Trick
BH Photo #416145
The Morrison Bridge was Portland's first bridge across the Willamette, completed in 1887, . At its opening, it was the longest bridge west of the Mississippi. It was considered a wooden swing-span structure, though it appears some steel may have used in the span that opened. It was replaced in 1905 by a second swing-span bridge, which was itself replaced by the current Morrison Bridge in 1958.
- Lost Bridge over Willamette river on Morrison street
- Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1887 replaced 1905
- Timberapproaches to swing span truss spans with a steel truss swing span.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.51858, -122.66900 (decimal degrees)
45°31'07" N, 122°40'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/525851/5040613 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 80037 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 16, 2018: New photo from Douglas Butler
- January 11, 2018: Added by Leslie R trick
- Leslie R trick
- Douglas Butler