SP - Cascade Summit Wye Tunnel
Stub-end tunnel on a wye track used to turn helper locomotives used on the Pengra Pass rail line, also known as the Natron Cutoff. Likely constructed in 1925-6 with the rest of the rail line; closed and sealed 1958-9 after the end of steam locomotive operations.
- Lost Tunnel on Cascade Summit Wye Track
- Klamath County, Oregon
- Built 1926
- - Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Timber Tunnel
Total length: 163.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.57405, -122.03417 (decimal degrees)
43°34'27" N, 122°02'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/577986/4825018 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 85124 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 18, 2019: Added by Ian Martin