Reinhart Creek Bridge
Rinehart Creek Bridge
from the southwest
Photo taken by Michael Goff on August 2, 2009
BH Photo #144136
Today at 2:20 PM
Hi. My name is Dan Latham and I handle public affairs for the Oregon Department of Transportation on the south coast. I saw your names listed at the bottom of the Bridgehunter.com page for Thomas Creek Bridge.
We have a couple upcoming projects that will affect Thomas Creek Bridge and Reinhart Creek Bridge, about 30 miles up the coast. We will be painting both bridges and making several repairs. Construction begins this summer and will continue for a couple years. We have more details on the project website:
Construction will require lane closures at both locations, and some work enclosures will be used.
We realize that there are many bridge enthusiasts or tourists who visit both locations, and they may be disappointed to drive hundreds of miles to find construction at both bridges. We would like to raise awareness of the projects so that folks have the opportunity to adjust their travel plans.
Do you have any suggestions for how we can spread the word? Are there any groups or organizations you think we should contact?
ODOT Public Affairs
- Warren deck truss bridge over Rinehart Creek on US 101
- Curry County, Oregon
- Open to traffic
- Built 1954
- - Glenn S. Paxson of Salem, Oregon (Bridge Engineer)
- Warren deck truss
Length of largest span: 220.0 ft.
Total length: 356.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.63639, -124.40234 (decimal degrees)
42°38'11" N, 124°24'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/385025/4721390 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Port Orford
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- OR 07514 (Oregon Dept. of Transportation structure number)
BH 29936 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 52.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 27, 2010: New photo from Nathan Holth
- August 4, 2009: New photos from Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth