Bridge Covered Bridge
Bridge Covered Bridge at Bridge over the Middle Fork Coquille River in Coos County, 1958-1960
Photo by Ben Maxwell, 1958-1960?
Oregon State Archives, Salem Public Library, #4819
View this photo at photos.salemhistory.net
BH Photo #193783
Maxwell Photo Description
Oregon State Archives, Salem Public Library, 4819
This is the Bridge Covered Bridge over the Middle Fork Coquille River about eleven miles east of Myrtle Point in Coos County. The covered bridge at Bridge, Oregon was built in 1936 by the WPA and was 150 feet long. It was supported by a Howe truss and the bridge spanned the river 67 feet above the water line. The old bridge was removed in 1969 after a snowfall damaged the structure. The World Guide Number for this bridge is 37-06-07.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over Middle Fork Coquille River on Road
- Bridge, Coos County, Oregon
- Destroyed by storm
- Built 1936, Damaged by snow and removed 1969
- - Works Progress Administration
- The Bridge Covered Bridge was built by the Works Progress Administration in 1936. The 150-foot long housed Howe through truss was situated 67-feet above the waters of the Middle Fork of the Coquille River.
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.01944, -124.00772 (decimal degrees)
43°01'10" N, 124°00'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/417888/4763465 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 48155 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 16, 2011: Essay added by Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com