The Willamette River Bridge at Oregon City was the first suspension bridge constructed west of the Mississippi River. The wooden bridge carried electrical lines from the near by Willamette Falls power plant along with regular traffic until it was replaced in 1922.
The suspension wires and towers form the bridge were utilized to construct the Conde B. McCullough designed through arch bridge at the same site.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+45.35880, -122.60953(decimal degrees) 45°21'32" N, 122°36'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")