Sand Creek Bridge
These are the inspection photos from the last safety inspection of the truss in Jan/1993. The bridge was washed out a few months later.
BH Photo #155948
The truss was washed out in the spring of 1993 & a large pipe/low-water crossing was installed. The roadway itself was closed in 2005.
- Pony truss bridge over Sand Creek on E0730
- Payne County, Oklahoma
- Closed to all traffic, bridge replaced with pipe in 1993
- Built ca. 1920
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 47.9 ft.
Total length: 49.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.95667, -96.68833 (decimal degrees)
35°57'24" N, 96°41'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/708476/3981612 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- North Village
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 010060000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 29642 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2010)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 19.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 22, 2010: Updated by Gary Hines: Description, Photos
- Gary Hines - ghines [at] odot [dot] org