Midland Valley - Old US266 Overpass
Those are railroad ties sitting on top of the beams.
Photo taken by Gene McCluney in December 2008
BH Photo #129749
The Midland Valley RR was built between 1903 and 1906. This road is not shown on the 1911 San Bois 1:125,000 quad.
Missouri Pacific acquired the MV in 1964. NBI shows UP ownership.
- Abandoned steel stringer bridge over Old U.S. 266 on Midland Valley Railroad (abandoned)
- Muskogee County, Oklahoma
- Built ca. 1940, removed after 2015.
- - Midland Valley Railroad (MV)
- Steel stringer
Span length: 28.9 ft.
Total length: 28.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.46578, -95.29055 (decimal degrees)
35°27'57" N, 95°17'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/292156/3927109 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 12 N., R. 19 E., Sec. 34
- 530 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 081230000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 38314 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 2, 2016: New Street View added by David Backlin
- May 11, 2015: New photo from David Backlin
- December 7, 2008: Updated by Rick Mattioni: Road information updated.
- December 6, 2008: Added by Gene McCluney