Brush Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Gene McCluney in March 2009
BH Photo #135335
Written by Gene McCluney
While this road is not "blocked" it sees little use, and is impassible a short distance beyond the bridge. No attempt has been made to keep the overgrowth cut back from the roadway. We think this may be on E1039 instead of E1038.
- Pony truss bridge over Brush Creek on E1039 (old US 62)
- Lincoln County, Oklahoma
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1929
- Riveted, 5-panel Parker pony truss
Span length: 100.1 ft.
Total length: 100.1 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.50844, -96.98587 (decimal degrees)
35°30'30" N, 96°59'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/682660/3931294 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 12 N., R. 3 E., Sec. 16
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 023340000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 29237 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2018)
- Sufficiency rating: 32 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 19, 2018: Updated by David Backlin: Updated to Closed
- March 16, 2017: New photo from Jay Bissell
- February 21, 2010: New photos from David Backlin
- July 5, 2009: Updated by David Backlin: Revised location based on visit
- March 13, 2009: Essay added by Gene McCluney