View from eastern end
Photo taken May 2003 by Wes Kinsler
BH Photo #151529
The bridge has been closed since early 2008, after a dump truck damaged the deck. This bridge was open with a 3 ton limit. Original cost was $9,820. It was destroyed by flooding on June 18, 2015.
- Lost through truss bridge over Washita River on FAS 3501
- Johnston County, Oklahoma
- Destroyed by flood on 6-18-2015
- Built 1909; Lost to Flooding 2015
- - Kansas City Bridge Co. of Kansas City, Missouri
- Lost pin-connected Parker Through truss with Pratt pony approach span and steel stringer approaches.
Length of largest span: 180.1 ft.
Total length: 379.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
- Also called
- Bridge 35E1930N34530001
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.21578, -96.85600 (decimal degrees)
34°12'57" N, 96°51'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/697508/3788160 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- OKNBI 001300000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 29111 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2017)
- Sufficiency rating: 13.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 19, 2015: Updated by J Lance: Bridge was destroyed by flood on 6-18-15
- January 3, 2010: Updated by Wes Kinsler: Added history
- January 2, 2010: Updated by Wes Kinsler: Updated bridge status and info.