Sans Bois Creek Bridge (old OK 2?)
Approaching from the North looking south toward another bridge remnant site over Mill Creek.
Photo taken by John Cross in March 2019
BH Photo #444803
In my estimation this was a former alignment of OK 2. My estimate is that it was built between 1926 & 1934. If anyone has a better estimate of hard information, I would love to hear it.
This bridge is literally "in the middle of nowhere". No public road leads to it, and you can't see it from any public road. You just have to have faith that there is a bridge until you get right up on it. This is private property, please don't trespass. You can see it on Google maps if you look real close.
- Abandoned truss bridge over Sans Bois Creek on possible former alignment of OK 2
- Haskell County, Oklahoma
- This may have been a prior alignment of OK 2 or a predecessor route.
- Through Truss
Deck width: 23.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.09964, -95.34177 (decimal degrees)
35°05'59" N, 95°20'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/286548/3886601 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 7 N., R. 19 E., Sec. 7
- 560 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 81706 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 23, 2019: New photos from John Cross
- March 22, 2019: New photo from Gene McCluney
- March 19, 2019: New photos from John Cross
- May 28, 2018: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- John Cross - jcrossiam [at] gmail [dot] com
- Gene McCluney - gmacfilm [at] live [dot] com