Rock Creek Bridge
View of Bridge Looking Northeast
Photo taken by Rick Mattioni in October 2008
BH Photo #126763
Currently open to pedestrians only.
- Through truss bridge over Rock Creek on Ozark Trail (Old Rt. 66) in Sapulpa
- Sapulpa, Creek County, Oklahoma
- Open to traffic
- Built 1921
- - Concrete & Steel Construction Co. of Joplin, Missouri
- Eight-panel Parker through truss bridge with brick driving surface.
Length of largest span: 144.0 ft.
Total length: 146.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 23, 1995
- Also called
- Bridge No. 18 at Rock Creek
Route 66 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.99365, -96.13654 (decimal degrees)
35°59'37" N, 96°08'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/758130/3987036 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 660 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 95000031 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
OKNBI 016200000000000 (Oklahoma bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 28887 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 18.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 6, 2018: Updated by David Backlin: Updated to Pedestrians Only
- March 10, 2018: New photo from Steve Biggs
- July 17, 2016: New photo from Lori Scholl
- January 31, 2016: Updated by David Backlin: Bridge is open to traffic
- September 13, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- July 6, 2015: New photos from Michael Shulman
- August 10, 2014: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Brick road"
- March 12, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added street view & imported photo
- February 26, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- November 19, 2009: Updated by Rick Mattioni: Builder's name added.
- December 10, 2008: New photos from Gene McCluney
- October 26, 2008: Updated by Rick Mattioni