Rating:
No votes cast

Bradner Road Bridge

Photo 

Courtesy of the Toledo Blade; Used under Fair Use

Enlarge

View this photo at toledoblade.com

BH Photo #510128

Map 

Facts 

Overview
Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Portage River on Bradner Road (CR 16e)
Location
Wood County, Ohio
Status
Gone
History
Built 1899 by the Canton Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1984; replaced 2005
Builder
- Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
Design
Pratt through truss
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 145.0 ft.
Total length: 149.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+41.41333, -83.43500   (decimal degrees)
41°24'48" N, 83°26'06" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
17/296489/4587504 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Pemberville
Inventory numbers
ODOT 8734569 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 28605 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • October 18, 2021: New photo from Luke
  • October 18, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added lost date, corrected truss type, and added link to photo
  • October 30, 2011: Updated by Brian McKee: Bridge has been replaced

Sources 

  • Brian McKee - bjmckee51 [at] yahoo [dot] com
  • Ohio Memory - Image
  • Paul Plassman
  • Luke

Comments 

Bradner Road Bridge
Posted October 19, 2021, by Melissa Brand-Welch (melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com)

You're Welcome !

Bradner Road Bridge
Posted October 19, 2021, by Paul Plassman

Mystery solved--thanks, Melissa!

Bradner Road Bridge
Posted October 19, 2021, by Art S. (Asuckewer [at] knite [dot] com)

Ta daa!!!! :^)

Bradner Road Bridge
Posted October 19, 2021, by Melissa Brand-Welch (melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com)

Perrysburg Journal: July 29 1899

Bradner Road Bridge
Posted October 19, 2021, by Nathan Holth (webmaster [at] historicbridges [dot] org)

Actually these "medallion" plaque bridges were built as late as 1916. 1899 would actually be early for this design. Central Concrete and Construction Company of Canton, Ohio may have also been involved with some aspects of construction.

Similar bridge:

https://historicbridges.org/bridges/browser/?bridgebrowser=o...

Bradner Road Bridge
Posted October 18, 2021, by Art S. (Asuckewer [at] knite [dot] com)

Paul,

I don't know what is correct build date, but it has the appearance of a turn of the century. I would say 3% chance its 1889ish and 97% chance its 1899ish.

Regards,

Art S.

Bradner Road Bridge
Posted October 18, 2021, by Paul Plassman

Not sure which is correct, but Old Ohio Bridges.com gives an 1889 build date for this bridge while the NBI says 1899.