From Ohio Historic Bridge Inventory: County: STARK Township: JACKSON TWP Crosses: NOTHING Carries: PEDESTRIAN TRAIL Location: OFF OF ERIE AVE .3 MI. W. OF TR 352
The bridge is resting on the ground (not crossing anything) next to a pedestrian trail along the Ohio & Erie Canal accessed from Erie Avenue. It is the former Cherry Street bridge. The bridge is a complete but perhaps racked example of a Massillon bowstring pony truss with their patented ribbed design. The bridge itself has integrity. "The ca. 1875 bowstring truss bridge is attributable to the Massillon Bridge Co. due to the configuration of the trusses arch chord. It was reportedly moved to the present location in the 1930s and raised in 1972 when this section of the canal was restored. The bridge was surveyed by the SHPO in 1980 and recommended eligible. It was also included in the ODOT 1981 survey as a select bridge. It is a rare and technologically significant example of the type/design. The eligible recommendation remains appropriate.