Historic Bridge Survey, 1976
BH Photo #350785
This bridge was built in 1879 as part of a two span bridge over Loramie Creek on what is today State Route 66. It was moved after damage in the 1913 flood to the Brandewie farm, before being moved to the park in Sidney in 2020.
- Abandoned bowstring pony truss bridge over Spring Creek on Private Drive
- Shelby County, Ohio
- Future prospects
- Bridge has been moved to a trail and preserved.
- Built 1879
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Bowstring pony truss
Total length: 68.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.34581, -84.42076 (decimal degrees)
40°20'45" N, 84°25'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/719060/4469333 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 71578 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 6, 2021: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added details of history and corrected date.
- March 28, 2016: Added by Nathan Holth