Main Street Bridge (1907/1915?)
Dimensions are very rough estimates from Historic Aerials.com
- Lost Pennsylvania through truss bridge over Scioto River on East Main Street (Charleston Pike)
- Chillicothe, Ross County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built either 1907 or 1915; replaced by modern bridge 1971
- - Capitol Construction Co. of Columbus, Ohio (superstructure)
- Oather M. Junk of Chillicothe, Ohio (substructure)
- Six-span bridge composed of five riveted Pennsylvania through trusses and one shorter parallel-chord approach through truss on east end
Length of largest span: 250.0 ft.
Total length: 1,390.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.33932, -82.94364 (decimal degrees)
39°20'22" N, 82°56'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/332497/4356233 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 95015 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 22, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added builders
- January 22, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added categories "12-panel truss", "Riveted"
- November 8, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman