Silvey's Ford Bridge
The source for some of the information on this page is "The Covered Bridges of Ohio: An Atlas and History" by Miriam Wood.
The bridge consisted of four Howe through truss spans, of which three crossed the main channel of the Scioto River and one crossed a back channel about 600' to the west of the main bridge.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over Scioto River on East Main Street
- Chillicothe, Ross County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1870 by B.L. Pugh Co.; easternmost pier replaced 1893; three eastern spans burned December 25, 1895 and replaced by iron trusses; destroyed March 24, 1898
- - B.L.Pugh Co. (Contractor)
- John C. Gregg (Engineer)
- Four-span, covered Howe through truss
Length of largest span: 154.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.33922, -82.94437 (decimal degrees)
39°20'21" N, 82°56'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/332434/4356224 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 95014 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 22, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added history and design specifics
- November 8, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman