Bridge Street Bridge (1st)
One of Ohio's major covered bridges, this was a double-barreled, two-lane structure. According to Miriam Wood's book "The Covered Bridges of Ohio: An Atlas and History", this was one of only four tied-arch covered bridges known to have been built in Ohio.
- Lost tied arch covered bridge over Scioto River on Bridge Street (Zanesville to Maysville Turnpike)
- Chillicothe, Ross County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1817; third span added 1844; replaced 1886 and burned
- Covered bridge with two tied-arch spans and one multiple-kingpost span added in 1844 to replace trestle approach
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.34108, -82.97570 (decimal degrees)
39°20'28" N, 82°58'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/329738/4356489 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 94591 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 9, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added category "Scioto River"
- October 5, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman