Gregg Hill Bridge (Covered)
The source for some of the information on this page is "The Covered Bridges of Ohio: An Atlas and History" by Miriam Wood.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Scioto River on Waverly-Beaver Turnpike (present-day OH-220)
- Pike County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1858 by private turnpike company; sold 1870 to Pike County; two spans destroyed by flooding 1907 and replaced with metal through trusses; remaining three spans replaced 1935
- - Barney Stone
- Waverly-Beaver Turnpike Co.
- Originally bult as a five-span Burr arch-truss covered bridge
Post-1907 design was three Burr arch-truss covered spans and two 10-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss metal spans.
Bridge had a curve where the metal spans intersected the covered part.
Total length: 450.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.10667, -82.98017 (decimal degrees)
39°06'24" N, 82°58'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/328784/4330480 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 94610 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 4, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added categories "Pratt through truss", "Pratt truss", "Pin-connected", "10-panel truss", "One-lane traffic", "Stone piers", "Stone Abutments", "Curved"
- October 9, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- October 9, 2021: New photo from Art Suckewer
- October 9, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added category "Scioto River"
- October 6, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman