6th Street Bridge (1914)
6th Street - Muskingum River Bridge
The Times Register: March 29 1974
BH Photo #454640
This 4-span through truss crossed the main channel, while a separate bascule lift span crossed the canal. The bridge cost $190,000.
- Lost Warren through truss with all verticals bridge over Muskingum River on 6th Street (Putnam Avenue)
- Zanesville, Muskingum County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1914-15; opened to traffic September 16, 1915; rehabilitated 1977; replaced 2000
- 4 150' riveted Warren through truss spans with all verticals
1 77' bascule span over canal
1 75' steel girder span
Length of largest span: 147.0 ft.
Total length: 752.0 ft.
Deck width: 39.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.93530, -82.00632 (decimal degrees)
39°56'07" N, 82°00'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/414018/4421060 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 6000487 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 86447 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 23, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added NBI data
- September 28, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added dimensions, dates, and a little more description
- August 12, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- August 20, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- August 20, 2019: Added by Tony Dillon
- Paul Plassman
- Historical Marker
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs