Y Bridge (1832)
This unique bridge carried two roadways, each 12' wide, along with two sidewalks, each 4' in width.
- Lost Buckingham through truss covered bridge over Muskingum River & Licking River on National Road
- Zanesville, Muskingum County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1832, Replaced 1902
- - Cathernius Buckingham
- - Interurban
- Zanesville Electric Railway (ZERy)
- Buckingham (Multiple Kingpost through truss) May have had added arches or braces.
Eastern leg: 1 span, 65'; 2 spans, 154' each
Northwest leg: 3 spans, 90' each
Southwest leg: 2 spans, 114' each
Length of largest span: 154.0 ft.
Total length: 871.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.94047, -82.01420 (decimal degrees)
39°56'26" N, 82°00'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/413351/4421642 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Zanesville West
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 35-60-40 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 59019 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 6, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added dimensions
- April 7, 2022: New photo from Brandon Cooper
- August 12, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- December 18, 2013: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- December 17, 2013: Added by Luke Harden