McConnelsville-Malta Iron Bridge (1866)
Mcconnelsville-Malta Iron Bridge
The Times Recorder: October 5 1969
BH Photo #492459
After shelling out big money for an iron bridge they never got to use, the collective scraped together what they could and built a covered bridge.
This was most likely an iron Post through truss structure, as that's what the firm of McNairy & Claflen was known to build.
- Lost Post through truss bridge over Muskingum River on Riverview Road
- McConnelsville, Morgan County, Ohio
- Destroyed by an ice gorge
- Construction started 1866; destroyed by an ice gorge before completion.
- - McNairy & Claflen Manufacturing Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Likely a Post through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.64831, -81.85817 (decimal degrees)
39°38'54" N, 81°51'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/426371/4389075 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 92342 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 7, 2021: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- March 7, 2021: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com