McConnelsville-Malta Bridge (1913)
Photo taken by Greg Hall
BH Photo #131642
Fourth bridge built at this location.
- Parker through truss swing bridge over Muskingum River on County Road 203 in McConnelsville
- McConnelsville, Morgan County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1913 by the Oregonia Bridge Co. of Lebanon, Oh.; rehabilitated 1991
- - Oregonia Bridge Co. of Lebanon, Ohio
- From southwest to northeast:
One 7-panel Parker through truss
One 11-panel Parker through truss, 203 ft. long
One swing through truss sitting on pivot pier (no longer movable)
All spans have vertical endposts
Length of largest span: 203.1 ft.
Total length: 566.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Malta-McConnelsville Bridge
Muskingum River Bridge
Morgan County Veterans Memorial Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.64833, -81.85833 (decimal degrees)
39°38'54" N, 81°51'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/426357/4389078 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 5835712 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 28090 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 40 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 2, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- September 13, 2020: New photos from Matthew Hemmer
- November 20, 2015: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- January 5, 2013: Updated by Robert Thompson: Removed "Moveable" from categories. This is a fixed span.
- January 25, 2012: New Street View added by James Baughn