East Toledo Historical Society via Facebook
BH Photo #462926
Bridge would have originally dated to the 1880's as the Smith Bridge Company was sold about 1890 and became the Toledo Bridge Company.
- Lost Whipple through truss bridge over Maumee River on Consaul & Ash Streets
- Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built ca. 1909 reusing 5 spans from Cherry Street; Replaced 1957
- - Smith Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio
- Whipple through truss
- Also called
- Old Cherry Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.66255, -83.50803 (decimal degrees)
41°39'45" N, 83°30'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/291189/4615349 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 67346 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 24, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed location and added stuff.
- November 10, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- December 26, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- September 11, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added category "Smith Bridge Co."
- April 30, 2015: Added by Luke