CSX - Grand River Bridge
Center arch rises 58'3". A total of 25,150 cubic yards of concrete were used in the entire bridge.
- Open-spandrel arch bridge over Grand River on CSX Railroad
- Painesville, Lake County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1908
- - B. R. Leffler (Engineer + Supervisor of Construction)
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Conrail (CR)
- Lake Shore & Michigan Southern Railroad (LS&MS)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Open-spandrel concrete arch with spans of 70', 160', 70'
Length of largest span: 160.0 ft.
Total length: 382.0 ft.
Deck width: 65.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.73821, -81.23044 (decimal degrees)
41°44'18" N, 81°13'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/480837/4620736 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 54838 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 26, 2022: New photo from Paul Plassman
- January 17, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added photos and dimensions
- April 1, 2019: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- June 29, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added builder + image
- December 6, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "CSX Railroad", "Railroad"
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs
- Paul Plassman
- Pinterest - Image with dimensions