Mohican River Bridge
Photo taken by David Case in May 2021
BH Photo #498227
Holmes County has plans to build a timber truss covered bridge here. As of May 2021, it has not been built.
- Polygonal Warren pony truss bridge over Mohican River on CR 23
- Holmes County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1993 on piers from the original Toledo, Walhonding Valley & Ohio Railroad bridge
- Modern polygonal Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 306.1 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- Spellacy Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.59407, -82.20699 (decimal degrees)
40°35'39" N, 82°12'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/397869/4494396 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 3831973 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 93166 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 36.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 9, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added info that piers are reused from a RR bridge
- May 10, 2021: Added by David Case