Rating:
No votes cast

Zane's Crossing Covered Bridge 35-30-31x

Photo 

Columbus Metropolitan Library

License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC)

View this photo at digital-collections.columbuslibrary.org

BH Photo #279914

Map 

Description 

In Cambridge, Ohio pioneers traveling west, used a Ferry to cross Willis Creek, 1798-1805, next a log bridge with puncheon floor, 1805-1828. In 1801, this double lane covered bridge was authorized, constructed 1828, built on dry ground and water turned to flow under it, afterward. Weakened by 1913 flood, condemned and removed. (From postcard)

Facts 

Overview
Lost Through truss bridge over Willis Creek on Old National Road US 40 (Dewey Avenue)
Location
Cambridge, Guernsey County, Ohio
Status
Replaced by a new bridge
History
Built 1828; Weakened by Flood of 1913 and replaced
Builder
- Shannon, Wernwag and Kinkead
Design
Through truss
Also called
35-30-31x
Old National Road Covered Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+40.02385, -81.59648   (decimal degrees)
40°01'26" N, 81°35'47" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
17/449102/4430575 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Cambridge
Inventory numbers
WGCB 35-30-31x (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 60279 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • March 16, 2014: Added by Dave King

Sources 

  • Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com