This bridge used to be the connection of White Road to Parsons Avenue prior to the construction of Route 270. During the early 1940's White Road was one of the main cross-connection roads outside of Columbus, Ohio and at one time was the only south-side link from Grove City to Reynoldsburg. The route number was once 134, it proved to be a great Sunday drive area and according to the people who grew up around it was an important link between the two towns.
White Road's route started at Hoover Road in Grove City, crossed over Buckeye Boulevard (now called Buckeye Parkway), across Jackson Pike, across the Scioto River (where the bridge use to be), across what is now just a rock quarry but in the day was forested land. It then continued to and across South High Street, across land which is now a series of private farmland plots, and through a winding end which is today just private housing in a development with no trace of it left where it dropped off into Parson's Avenue. During a high-flood in the 1960's the bridge was destroyed that combined with Route 270's completion during those years made the road obsolete and restoring the bridge was to costly so Grove City merely abandoned the road, sold some of the land off to various private owners in bids, and all but forgot the area. Today only the western half of the road survives right up until the bridge area; a lone house sits on the old road and uses it as an access lane. Everything on the east side of the old bridge is now something different.