Rich Street Bridge (Old)
Two western spans were added after the river channel was widened (after the 1913 flood).
The bridge was supposed to be condemned in 1913, however this was the only structure that survived the 1913 flood in Columbus. It was essentially replaced by the Main Street bridge in 1937.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Scioto River on Rich Street
- Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio
- Removed but not replaced
- Built in 1891, replaced in 1937
- Through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.95693, -83.00559 (decimal degrees)
39°57'25" N, 83°00'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/328689/4424902 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Southwest Columbus
- Inventory number
- BH 60296 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 9, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added category "Scioto River"
- March 18, 2014: Added by Sandor Gulyas