Photo taken July 1986 by Louise Taft Cawood for the Historic American Engineering Record
BH Photo #108187
August Borneman patented this type of bridge in 1879.
- Lost pony truss bridge over Scippo Creek on Fosnaugh Road (TR 128) south of Stoutsville
- Fairfield County, Ohio
- No longer exists
- Built 1891 by the Hocking Valley Bridge Works
- - Hocking Valley Bridge Works of Lancaster, Ohio
- Rare example of a Borneman patent low suspension truss. The verticals and webbing are suspended from the top chord, which in turn sits on the built-up substructures.
Span length: 52.0 ft.
Total length: 52.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.59015, -82.82769 (decimal degrees)
39°35'25" N, 82°49'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/343055/4383865 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 27535 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 9, 2005: Posted new photos
- Butler Bridge (Same design) - Borneman's 1879 Patent Low Suspension Bridge.