Huron River Bridge
A bascule bridge of the Scherzer Rolling lift once was in operation is according to the information is now inoperable or replaced.
I found this double leaf Scherzer type rolling lift bridge finally on printest.com few days ago.
- Lost bridge over Huron River on Van Renssalaer Street
- Huron, Erie County, Ohio
- No longer exists
- Built 1911
- - Scherzer Rolling Lift Bridge Co. of Chicago, Illinois
Span length: 104.0 ft.
Total length: 104.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.38964, -82.55223 (decimal degrees)
41°23'23" N, 82°33'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/370224/4583175 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 62138 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 21, 2017: New photo from Douglas Butler
- September 16, 2017: New photo from Douglas Butler
- July 31, 2014: Added by Douglas Butler