Bellpoint Covered Bridge
Old Postcard View
BH Photo #455636
Reportedly the longest bridge built by Reuban Partridge, according to Miriam Wood's book "The Covered Bridges of Ohio: An Atlas and History".
- Lost Partridge through truss bridge over Scioto River on Old 42
- Bellpoint, Delaware County, Ohio
- Destroyed in the Great 1913 Flood.
- Built in 1877 by Reuben Partridge; destroyed by the 1913 flood.
- - Reuben Partridge of Wilmington, New York/Marysville, Ohio
- Partridge through truss
Total length: 271.0 ft.
- Also called
- Bellepoint Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.24624, -83.14841 (decimal degrees)
40°14'46" N, 83°08'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/317265/4457302 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 86585 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 2, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added categories "Stone piers", "Stone Abutments"
- October 9, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added category "Scioto River"
- September 14, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added description
- September 2, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder, truss type and build date. Fixed typos
- September 2, 2019: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein