Home Road Bridge
West end of Home Road Bridge
From HAER Document for Home Road Bridge as assembled by Burgess & Niple, 2001
Photo taken by Michael Mingnery
BH Photo #235167
Was built just south of existing three span truss bridge, built in 1915-16 to replace 500 ft. long covered bridge that was washed out by 1913 flood along Scioto River.
The 1975 upgrades consisted of the original wood deck being replaced by a concrete deck, replacement of outside steel joists on each span, and given a new coat of paint.
- Lost through truss bridge over O'Shaughnessy Reservoir, along the Scioto River, on Home Road
- Delaware County, Ohio
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1925; rehabilitated 1975; replaced 2003
- - Edward Scully Co. of Columbus, Ohio
- Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 207.0 ft.
Total length: 1,040.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- Rathbone Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.19680, -83.13949 (decimal degrees)
40°11'48" N, 83°08'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/317891/4451795 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Shawnee Hills
- Inventory numbers
- ODOT 2130998 (Ohio Dept. of Transportation structure file number)
BH 27518 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 21, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Corrected builder syntax.
- December 30, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added year of replacement
- April 1, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Bridge has been replaced.