Wabash - Maumee River Bridge (1871)
Total length is an estimate. The truss spans incorporated panels of oddly varying length, a feature mirrored by the current bridge.
- Lost Whipple through truss bridge over Maumee River on Wabash Railroad
- Defiance, Defiance County, Ohio
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1871 by the Detroit Bridge Co. to replace a wooden covered bridge; replaced 1893 by current steel truss bridge
- - Detroit Bridge Co. of Detroit, Michigan
- - Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- 4-span iron Whipple through trusses of length 151'6" with 1 66' Pratt through truss approach span on south approach
Length of largest span: 151.5 ft.
Total length: 675.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.28906, -84.36495 (decimal degrees)
41°17'21" N, 84°21'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/720651/4574195 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 94752 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 16, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman